Friday, December 24, 2010

Buy a Television Now

It’s never been a better time to buy a flat panel television. What used to cost $6,999.99 now only costs $699.99. In the spring of 2002, I remember going to a furniture store in Houston, TX. While in the store, we saw a brand new Panasonic 42” Plasma television. It was the first time I’d seen one, and I was captivated. My first thought was, “Wow, I want one”. Then, I looked down at the price tag - $6,999.99. My jaws dropped, and second thought was, “Look at that price, Wow, that’s a lot.” It was the first time I’d ever seen a Plasma television as they had just recently became available. I really wanted one, but I knew there was no way I could afford it. I saw that same television in the Sunday ads for $699.99. I know what you’re thinking, “well that was 8 years ago”. While that’s true, the point still stands; televisions are a lot less expensive now. I’d even venture to say, flat panels and plasma TVs are now affordable.

I bought my 52” HD television in 2006 for $1500 and that was a great deal back then.

Take a look at this:




The above television is a LCD HDTV 1080P with all the recent technologies (minus the 3D capabilities). Excellent color & quality picture as well as PC-IN & HDMI hook-up, which means:

1. You can connect your laptop or computer to the television
2. You have Blu-Ray capabilities with up-converting video quality

You’ll never guess who’s selling this HDTV at such a great price: Circuit City! Yeah, I thought they closed the business too, but they still have products available online.

Keep in mind, the televisions I'm referring to don't have the "3D" or Quattron. Please refer to my earlier blog written on October 7, 2010 to find out why.


Smart Spends tip: Take advantage of the great deals on high quality electronics that don't have the latest technology gimmicks

No comments:

Post a Comment